Sunday, September 6, 2026

HOME AGAIN AFTER THE CANADA ADVENTURE

 


Hello dear lovely Readers.

Yes, we are back safely from Canada...

and what a wonderful time it was.


Our daughter's new home is large and welcoming.

We had the basement to ourselves, with our own TV nook, bedroom and bathroom, and were spoilt by a tea table complete with electric kettle and sweet treats to help ourselves any time.

As ever, I was overcome with emotion when we saw them waiting for us at Ottawa airport.  It has been more than two years since we saw the family, and a mother's heart longs for her child.

To recover from jet lag, we began walking the pretty neighborhood which included a path beside the swift-flowing Mississippi River (no, not that Mississippi, but a smaller version in Ontario).  Above is a small lake in the park and below is the actual river which has rapids, making it quite exciting to view...



The tree in the middle turned pink during August; Fall is on the way..

I will do a few posts about our many adventures, as we are still jet-lagged and catching up with life at home.

Puppet Parade at the tourist town of Almonte

Thank you all for your good wishes and lovely comments on my previous post before we set off.
Luck was with us and all the travel to the other side of the world went smoothly.
I had quite a shock this weekend when I went onto Blogger and tried to comment on your posts.
The system refused to Publish! 

It has been like that for two days, but today I was able to answer a few comments.

Fingers crossed, I can publish this post and we can all get back to normal.

Have a good week.

XXXXX



 








1 comment:

  1. I love that you were reunited with your daughter! Canada is so lovely, but I could imagine the jetlag is hard to recover. I have dear friends that live in Brisbane! I hope all is well for you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

HOME AGAIN AFTER THE CANADA ADVENTURE

  Hello dear lovely Readers. Yes, we are back safely from Canada... and what a wonderful time it was. Our daughter's new home is large a...