Hello Dear Readers
This week has been a mixed bag of chores -
with a long holiday coming up, there is always much to do.
Vaccinations: As Winter has arrived here, we all encouraged to have the Flu Jab so I had that first. Secondly, I had the new vaccination for RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus). It is very prevalent this year, and I do not want a repeat experience of this virus which I caught when my small grandchildren had it about three years ago. I am more than pleased they have developed a vaccine.
About two weeks before we depart for Canada, we plan to have Covid vaccination as many, many people we know have caught it when on holiday (as I did in 2023).
I have been in the Sewing Room by the Pool, trying to finish this dress. Sleeves and hem to go, but the sleeves are being contrary. I will get there in the end.
I have done a big more on this project, a jacket hand-stitched with lots of applique lace, embroideries and pretty fabric.
A pirate on the shoulder..
I painted some Daffodils because it is Daffodil planting time here.
At our previous home we had a 'bulb garden', a sheltered, cool bed with morning sun. Every year a few Daffodils came up, along with other little bulbs.
I miss them.
There were no bulbs for sale here, but I ordered six online. I know, if you live where they grow wild it seems odd, but this is a sub-tropical climate.
The bulbs have been planted, and I hope Winter helps them to grow for a September Spring.
When we arrived at Camellia Cottage, I bought this Garden Journal to record our new garden adventures.
It has plenty of space for writing and photos, as well as nice images of flowers, vegetables, and garden visitors such as birds and butterflies.
Do you record the happenings in your garden?
I went thrifting last week with my friend M.
These plates caught my eye, only a couple of dollars each.
Downsizing might be considered a virtue these days, but I overdid it.
When company calls, or we 'take a plate' somewhere, I have been rather short on suitable serving plates.
And we are planning a small tea party here in the near future...
I hope the sun is shining, wherever you are
XXXX
Hi Trish! I’m so glad you’re being smart and getting those vaccines to keep you safer. I hope you will have an amazing trip. 🥰 You are a true seamstress. I love what you’re making. So pretty! I envy your skills. Sewing of any kind is definitely not my strong suit. Lol I have never done a garden journal but love the idea of it! Mine are so small but once we move to the lake I could have true gardens there. Blessings to you beautiful Friend. 💗
ReplyDeleteHi Carrie, I started sewing before I went to school, just a few stitches, and haven't stopped since! On the other hand, cooking is not my strong suit, but I know it is yours :)). What a great thought, that you can have bigger gardens by the lake in your future. They will be beautiful, I just know. Happing dreaming my friend. xxxxx
DeleteOh, it just blows me away that winter has come to your area, and first day of summer for us is tomorrow. I really like your hand stitched jacket with all the pretty things. And your garden journal is nice. I don't have a garden journal, but I do occasionally write in a journal about the happenings of my life. Thrift shops are fun to browse, and it's fun to find that special something. I wish you a good winter, Patricia.
ReplyDeleteHello Sheri, Happy first day of Summer in California. We are expecting a cold night tonight and I like to get warm with the electric blanket. Glad you like my stitchy jacket, which has been fun to make. I thought you might write in a journal; it is popular these days. I write them about various subjects.
DeleteHello Patricia, I'm not sure if you saw my comment earlier, but I do enjoy your blog. I have been a silent reader for a long time, and I am happy I have 'found' you again. Colleen Hicking
ReplyDeleteHello Colleen, and welcome to my blog. I looked back and could not find your earlier comment. Sometimes things just do not make it through the internet. How lovely that you have been a silent reader and hope you join my small new group of Followers. And I am happy you found me again too, and look forward to your comments.
DeleteMy heavens darling, you are such a talent in so many artistic areas!! You daffodil paintings are so beautiful! Your sewing room with a pool view seems divine!
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how excited you must be for your trip back to Canada!
Sending you big hugs from Southern California! XOX
Thank you Tamera. Yes, this is the best sewing room I have ever had, the light is good, and it is inspirational. Only a few weeks of Winter here, and we will be off to Sunny Summer in Ontario. Hugs across the Pacific xox
DeleteI love all your sweet and useful projects, Trish. Here in the States, the garments you make can be pricey. Your flowers look lovely and I wish I could join your fun tea party. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Debra. Garments are very pricey here too, which makes me want to continue to make a few of my own. It takes me a long time now, but it is nice to have something nobody else is wearing. I wish you could come over for my tea part too :)
DeleteDear Patricia, I am very, very impressed with your talent. Wonderful projects! Great idea buying your garden journal. Love the daffodil paintings! You are very wise getting your vaccination. Keeping you safe and all those around us. We are all up to date on ours. Pretty flowers in your garden and pretty plates and others. Have a wonderful weekend coming up.
ReplyDeleteDear Denise, thank you for visiting my blog. I look forward to visiting your part of the world. Happy weekend to you too.
DeleteYour handstitched jacket is beautiful, Patricia. I love all the little details you've included. Getting your vaccinations up to date is a good idea. When we travel by air I always take antiseptic wipes and clean everything on and around our seats - trays, armrests, seatbelts, etc. We've been fortunate to not get any illnesses since I began doing that. Also, we moisturize our nasal passages to prevent them from drying which allows more bacteria and viruses to take hold. But you probably know all these things already!
ReplyDeleteI'm sewing a blouse these days, and just finished a pair of linen trousers.
Thank you Lorrie. The jacket is ongoing, and fun to do. I wear it occasionally, then add more things. That is helpful advice about the wipes on the plane. I have not actually done that, although I sure do it with supermarket trollies, ever since Covid. Also the moisturizing, a very good idea. Lat time we flew across the Pacific my husband arrived home with Covid so every little thing helps. I hope we see your sewing soon, sounds lovely.
DeleteSo impressed with your many talents, Patricia, gardening, painting, sewing, and it all looks lovely. A hug.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Love your appliqued jacket, you are very talented Patricia. Enjoy your upcoming visit to Canada.
ReplyDelete